ME: Being the youngest

Hi assalammualaikum

 

Today I want to talk a lot about how my life being the youngest among my 5-in-total siblings. Yes, I am the last one & the unexpected one (my brother before me is 6 years apart and ibu ayah thought he was the last one, but Allah said no, hence Manja is what they call me because Adik has already been given to my brother)

 

Throughout my living years as the youngest, I saw a lottttttttts of real-time dramas, even me myself was casted in it 😝

 

Since child (up to 7 years old)

I have been pampered so much, most of what I wanted & needed, ibu ayah got it done. Even I skipped house chores haha, with imaginary world of cooking and playing doctors, ibu ayah often let me play and play. I didn’t remember so much about any fights or dramas because I was so deeply into my world. Considered that I wasn’t involved in anything. During that time, it was so busy with my elder siblings academics because ibu ayah wanted the best out of them so they were sent here and there because of schools and university. So that, one day when they successful, they can help ibu ayah and guiding the younger ones.

 

Starting 7 years old until 12

I started to be involved in house chores starting from simple ones – sweeping the floor, vacuuming, helping ibu cooking rice, but most of the time, heavier chores such as cooking meals, gardening, ironing clothes often done by others. I remember certain dramas that frequently happened around that time as my 2 brothers entering their teenager’s phase – so more fights & fights. Ayah also sometimes got called to school for certain reasons. That time, I was focused for my upsr & yet didn’t bother to involve in any discussions, but I witnessed the episodes myself. That time, my world was about still playing + scoring in upsr and did manage to get best score for my upsr & I didn’t expect that my name was chosen as the best student of that year. The proudest moment I can say yet the most precious gift for ibu ayah.


for the sake of memories, i put my aib face here. those upsr days -
from left: me, ilah, fadhilah, aisyah, umai, mira, haikal, mizan, wan afiq, nazhan.
They are all on their own path now :')

The dramas I often involved between age 13-17 years old

I knew love around that age. Started to date, lovey-dovey & stuffs. Got into fights, quarrel not only with friends, but also family. My academics started to get affected, I had my own room, so I preferred my own schedule and study style which often ibu ayah didn’t favor so much. But I was active, and often have their supports. I guess that is the age where ‘fasa memberontak’ occurs right? Ayah didn’t like I got love around that age, being the most protective person ever that I never see him like that before, at certain point I thought he was controlling my life and I felt annoyed with it. Thus, sometimes I did things that he forbid behind his back. Of course, I got love somehow and believed that it was gonna last till the end of time and started to imagine about wedding? Euw, ended up I was hurt.

One lecturer delivered a lecture about adolescent, and mentioned that around 15-17 years old, most of the teenagers’ brain aren’t balanced between positive and negative things yet they are not matured to decide for their own life and often love to try new thingz.

It's true. I agreed so so much hehe

Around this age also, my siblings got married some of them and for me who
love children so much – I always happy to care for their child.


Aralyn & Ayna: most youngest nieces. 2023 - they both will turn 2


 

By the time I got into adulthood (starting age of 19 onwards)

I decided to just be an observant and a learner at the same time. I started to have heart-to-heart sessions with ibu ayah most of the time. That was a turning point where I realized ibu ayah started to treat me like an adult, as their listener and always taking my opinions matter – just like how they treat my elder siblings. The most turning point was when ayah (my charming armor) never scolds when I get a new boy-gendered friend and be close to him. Ayah said if he is nice, kind, good background, ayah never have to be disagreed. I wanted to cry because I think ayah’s mind was like “my daughter has come to the age where she must know about life, what is love, and I don’t want to bother it anymore. I just want to protect her from afar making sure that she never takes a wrong step. I just be here to guide her” – my tears dropped while typing this. Ayah always be my first love, because till the end of time, I know ayah would always be there for me. 


ibu ayah's most recent pics. Dah retiree ni, berjalan aje

Well, being the youngest isn’t a bad luck, people said being the youngest is the most grateful ones because you are spoiled. Technically, yes but deeply no. For me

 

Being the youngest, you are learning from what happened, and you see multiple povs and you pray that you will not repeat the same dramas all over again.

 

Being the youngest, you may be an observant only but forever a learner.

 

Being the youngest, you are a bit late to be counted in anything, but you always be counted in everything.

 

Being the youngest, you are mature when it is not time yet due to your surrounding nature. 

 

Being the youngest, you always can seek help from elder members in any new things because they are experienced, thus you are well-prepared.

 

Finally, 

 

Being the youngest, is always a blessing.

 

Alhamdulillah.


Thankyou

Love, tyy

 

Comments

Popular Posts